Diwali is all about spending quality time with your loved ones, and what better way to usher the eve of Diwali in than making something sweet for the D-Day? We’ve put together a Suji Ladoo recipe so that you can enjoy the sweet benefits of cooking together with your family. Try it out!
- 160 grams of Rava Suji
- 200 grams of khoya (mawa)
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon elaichi powder
- 10-12 raisins
- Grate/crumble the khoya.
- Heat 1/2 a cup of ghee in a kadai.
- Add 1 cup of Rava.
- Mix it well and stir the Rava on low heat for 8-9 minutes.
- Stir (on low heat) until the Rava becomes fragrant and changes colour. Don’t be alarmed – the Rava might expand a little after absorbing all the ghee.
Making Suji Ladoo
- Add in the crumbled khoya.
- Stir well on low heat for 2-3 minutes until the khoya melts.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon of elaichi powder. Stir for 1 minute and switch off the flame.
- Transfer the mixture to another plate.
- Let it cool until you can touch the mixture. Then, add 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Grease your palms with a little ghee, take some of the mixture and shape it into a ladoo.
- Garnish with raisins.
We hope you had a great Diwali eve cooking with your family. Show us your finished product – take a picture of your creation, upload it on your social media and tag us!